Join Our Team
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Dress It Up Dressing is a certified B-Corp that manufactures a line of premium salad dressings. We do so with the belief your salad dressing should be as healthy and nutritious as the salad it dresses.
We have created a line of dressings that use only high-quality ingredients to offer the quality and taste of home-made conveniently. Our dressings transform an ordinary meal into an elegant affair.
We are looking for several personable, enthusiastic people with a passion for food and good health to conduct in-store demonstrations in Whole Foods, Central Market and other specialty markets in various areas. We are looking for people willing to work mostly weekends with a flexible schedule.
- Northern CA
- San Fransisco
Ft. Worth, TX
- Houston, TX
- A love of good food and good health
- Enjoy engaging with customers
- Excellent presentation skills and an eye for detail
- Knowledge of food handling and food prep
- Cooking expertise a bonus (not to prepare food but to talk w/ customers)
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently
- Must have own reliable transportation (need to transport inventory and demo set-up)
- Job involves lifting up to 30 pounds
- Job involves standing for three to six hours
- Must be responsible, reliable and trustworthy
- Collegial and able to work with the team remotely
- Experience in event marketing, demonstrations, or retail/grocery desirable but not mandatory
- Excited to be part of the DIUD team selling healthy and delicious salad dressings
- Must have Food Handler Certificate
- Attending initial training via on-line conference calls as well as ongoing trainings and/or team meetings
- Learning about the product in detail so as to be able to explain dressing highlights to customers and enthusiastically sell DIUD
- Setting up and breaking down work area within a store—table, banner, product, etc.
- Preparing veggies to sample for product demonstration
- Effectively interfacing and communicating with store personnel
- Reporting sales, inventory, paperwork and demo log in a timely manner (HR paperwork, expense reports, sales log, etc.)
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- Sales and marketing experience
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of a food start-up and the consumer packaged goods industry
- Being part of the DIUD team
- New and exciting ways to change the way you dress (your salads)
- $15 per hour; $45 per 3 hour demo
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Intern
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Dress It Up Dressing is a certified B-Corp that manufactures a line of premium salad dressings. We do so with the belief your salad dressing should be as healthy and nutritious as the salad it dresses. We have created a line of dressings that use only high-quality ingredients to offer the quality and taste of home-made conveniently. Our dressings transform an ordinary meal into an elegant affair.
Dress It Up Dressing is looking for an energetic intern that would seize the opportunity to learn about all aspects of a small business. As a small company, we’re searching for a team member who isn’t afraid of rolling up their sleeves and pitching in where needed. With a variety of responsibilities to get involved in, you will get to try out a range of subjects in business and discover what you like best. You will have the opportunity to work both independently and with members of our team, to gain experience in subjects ranging from sales and marketing to customer service and data analysis. Enjoy meaningful learning opportunities and flexible hours, while working for a uniquely small company with big ambitions.
- A passion for food and healthy eating
- Desire to become involved in a socially responsible and forward thinking business
- Interested in learning small business practices
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Responsible and reliable
- Ability to work well independently with minimal guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Social media experience is a plus
- Assist with ongoing marketing strategy, data analysis, and customer service
- Work with Brand Development Manager to create social media campaigns
- Create reports for the Head of Strategy and Operations
- Assist team with shipping, order management, and fulfillment
- Contribute to creative communication of our social mission to the public
- Provide support for typical office operations
- This position is open immediately
- You must be available to work at our offices in Bethesda for a portion of your weekly hours
- You must be available for 10-20 hours/week
- Opportunity for college credit.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Email email@example.com
- Please include resume and a brief cover letter that tells us why you are interested in interning with us.